Raising Quality! is a quality rating improvement system for early care and education programs in San Joaquin County. Funded by quality initiatives and organized by First 5 San Joaquin, Raising Quality! helps improve child care in our community by:
- Emphasizing the value of quality in early care and education
- Empowering parents to make well-informed decisions about the quality of care their children receive
- Giving child care providers valuable tools for improving their programs
- Establishing uniform standards of excellence in early care
WHO is Eligible?
The program is voluntary and open to licensed child care programs, public or private, serving children ages 0-5 who are from low-income families, non-English speakers, and/or have special needs. Raising Quality! provides many opportunities for programs to develop, including cash awards for quality improvement activities, training and technical assistance, and scholarships for Early Childhood Education coursework.
How ARE participating Raising Quality! programs rated
Participating programs ratings are based on factors that influence a child’s healthy development such as:
- Learning opportunities and environment
- A child’s interaction with the care givers
- Staff training and education
- Number of adults per child and group sizes
- Parent engagement
Raising Quality! is open to licensed child care programs, public or private that serve ages 0 to 5. Priority is given to programs that serve low-income families, children who are non-English speakers and children that have special needs.
HOW do I find out more information?
If you want to learn more about this exciting new program, contact First 5 San Joaquin at (209) 953-5437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.